Account Executive, Business Development
Department: Business Development
Reports To: VP, Business Development
Develops new strategic business relationships and opportunities within the specified vertical markets with the ultimate goal of achieving increased sales and profits, and return on investment; identifies and analyzes new opportunities; is responsible for communicating effectively with other members of the Business Development team, Marketing, Customer Experience, and other functions.
- Develops new business within the vertical markets and with current clients. Develops strategies and implements plans to grow profitable sales. Follows-up diligently on leads received. Consistently targets, prospects and qualifies accounts.
- Demonstrates broad business knowledge and keeps knowledge current; and knows the industry and the market.
- Identifies client business drivers , searching for pain; moves easily into the conversation of budget and decision-makers; and qualifies an opportunity prior to committing our resources ensuring profitable business.
- Clearly articulates our value throughout the entire selling cycle.
- Collaborates with the Account Director (and Account Representative when appropriate) to address critical business issues and/or growth opportunities; partners with both in account strategy and implementation; and drives periodic business reviews with the Account Director (and Account Representative when appropriate) to elevate client partnership
- Delivers on the i|xperiences; and partners with Creative Services and Technology Services in the development of the client experience.
- Builds mutually constructive and supportive relationships with corresponding Account Director and operations team
- Partners with Marketing, Creative Services and Technology Services to respond to RFPs; manages RFP process both externally and internally. Works closely with SVP, Sales, Solutions Architect, and Finance to respond to pricing quote requests from clients.
- Is a liaison to immediate client problem resolution. Collaborates with Solution Architect, Operations, and manager to resolve client problems.
- Functions as an expert; understands market issues & trends impacting the designated market segments.
- Adheres to lead management processes and closure targets. Provides timely and accurate information for CRM update.
- Anticipates rejections and objections and looks for a range of solutions to proactively address them.
- Looks for creative solutions to customer issues; consistently creates a plan, gains buy-in, and executes plan effectively.
- Establishes solid relationships across several levels of the customer base; proactively anticipates customer issues and concerns; and ensure timely follow-up and resolution to issues as needed.
- Stays current by proactively seeking out new information and takes actions to stay at the forefront of the industry and that of our customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience selling services in the meeting planning and individual incentive industry; must have deep industry knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related area.
- Must have proven industry success and track record of closing new business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with a CRM system; experience with Sales Force is a plus.
NON-NEGOTIABLE HIRING CRITERA
- Must possess professional selling and presentation skills to be able to influence multiple levels at clients’ organization.
- Must be results oriented, assertive and self-motivated, and possess strong organizational skills to be able to achieve goals consistently, resolve account issues on a regular basis, and the ability to respond to emails and voicemails in a timely manner.
- Must be a strategic thinker and be able to think as a business person in order to identify clients’ challenges and solutions, understand the operations process and strategize on the fly by shifting gears quickly; must be able to lead and shift sales strategy quickly.
- Must possess excellent negotiation skills to close sales and meet gross profit target.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to establish solid customer relationship and work well with various levels of the internal organization.
- Must have strong analytical skills and intellectual ability to develop creative ideas and solutions to customers’ issues and needs, and to create a business plan and report quantitative data.
- Must have decision making ability to perceive and evaluate alternatives, analyze the impact of decisions before executing them, and implement decisions with appropriate evidence and rationale.
- Must be able to work independently and be part of a team.
- Frequent use of a computer, telephone, and other office equipment.
- Frequent travel, at least 30-50%.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. These statements are not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities associated with the role.