PHP Developer, Application Services
Department: Application Services
Reports To: Director, Application Services
The PHP Developer will work with the Individual Performance Solution team to eventually support all aspects of our proprietary software. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary.
- Write “clean,”well-designed code.
- Produce detailed specifications.
- Work with stakeholders and other development team members to translate business/client needs into requirements.
- Is responsible for the integration of user-facing elements.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Is responsible for integration of data storage solutions, SQL database.
- Follow industry best practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Must strive for proper code format and program design structure
NON-NEGOTIABLE HIRING CRITERIA
- Models behavior that reflects our organization’s Vision and Core Beliefs.
- Must possess a high level of analytical skills to problem solve effectively and attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills to relate well to various levels of the organization.
- Must have capacity to work independently and also as a part of a team.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey ideas clearly and be able to explain technology to non-technical individuals, to maintain thorough documentation, and to communicate professionally across different levels within the organization.
- Professional office environment
- Extensive use of a computer and standard office equipment such as photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to work extended hours, if called upon
- Accessible during acceptable working hours identified
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. These are not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities associated with the role.