Travel Counselor, Travel Services
Department: Travel Services
Reports To: Manager, Travel Services
- Conduct proper research and making necessary travel arrangements for Creative Group clients. This requires a working knowledge of booking airline, car, hotel, and tours, and ticketing documentation (domestic booking knowledge required; international preferred)
- Proficient at making car, hotel, air, tour, and miscellaneous bookings for corporate, leisure, and group passengers.
- Assuring our sponsoring company and corporate customers that their travelers comply with individual company travel policies while optimizing individual travel preferences.
- Obtain the lowest fares and applicable rates to meet/exceed the traveler and client’s expectations.
- Responsible for in-depth research to include destination options along with the best value.
- Follow through with all leisure packages to include deposit and final payments, invoicing, and car and hotel tracking.
- Properly documenting PNRs with complete information so other team members can provide proper service in your absence.
- Negotiates airline meeting contracts and handles processing of seat deposits through ARC
- Adheres to Travel Services Department procedures pertaining to passenger PNR requirements, billing and savings information, and ticketing requirements
- Maintains and processes applicable documentation to Account Groups, FIT and Accounting (i.e. Program Change Notices, Extension Form Requests, Credit Card Charge Form)
- Coordinates and processes Tour Conductor schedules and tickets for site inspection and staff travel arrangements.
- Coordinates timely distribution of travel documents using electronic, regular or Express mail services and adhering to deadlines.
- Requests and coordinates Arrival/Departure lists, Airline Segment Reports, and Savings Reports per program with Ticket Administration and Account Groups or clients.
- Processes fare quotes within scheduled parameters and in proper formats.
- Compares current published airfares with negotiated rate (i.e. zone or net fares); works airline schedule changes, seat assignments, and re-pricing following fare decreases.
- Correspond with airlines when needed for complaints, lost tickets, refunds, and processes lost ticket applications and/or refund letters in a timely matter.
- Proactively communicate with internal and external clients, suppliers, and participants in a professional and courteous manner.
- Proactively communicate airline industry changes, airline policy, and airfare changes with department and supervisor.
- Processes special client requests in a timely and proficient manner (FIT requests or Frequent Flyer info).
- Proficient knowledge of current software tools: Sabre; Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; Internet; Travelbase (if applicable).
- Remains proficient and current on all necessary computer software enhancements and updates.
- Actively participates in Travel Services Department, Program, and Training meetings.
- General correspondence using proper grammar and spelling required.
- Required to work overtime if called upon and must be prior approved by supervisor/manager.
- Accessible during acceptable working hours by clients.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. These are not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities associated with the role.