Creative Group Named to the 2017 MeetingsNet CMI 25
The 11th edition and 2017 version of the CMI 25 has been release by MeetingsNet. MeetingsNet is a digital magazine and website dedicated to the meetings and incentives industry and is responsible for compiling the list.
This exclusive directory of full-service meetings and incentive management companies provides a unique resource for meeting managers, incentive travel executives, and procurement professionals who are looking for experienced, professional partners to orchestrate events around the globe.
“Creative Group is honored to be recognized as a leader in the corporate meetings and incentives industry for the eleventh year in a row, having been included in the list each year since the inception of the CMI 25,” said Janet Traphagen, President, Creative Group. “Whether a meeting or incentive, the business changing experiences that we create for our clients help their employees and channel partners thrive.”
As a group, the companies on the 2017 CMI 25 list executed more than 139,000 corporate meeting and incentive travel programs in 2016—representing over 12.5 million group room nights—and employed more than 9,000 people in the U.S. alone.
How are the companies on the list selected?
“To create the CMI 25 List, we collect information on the size and scope of independent planning companies. We look at the number of corporate meetings and incentives they plan and execute, and the number of room nights booked in conjunction with those meetings. We also consider staff size and other factors. Andy independent meeting and incentive planning company is welcome to apply, but to keep the list relevant to U.S. corporate meeting professionals, we focus on third parties with business operations in the U.S., and only consider the meetings and incentives planned and executed out of U.S. offices.”
Latest Updates from Creative Group:
- In April 2017, Direct Travel, Creative Group’s parent company, merged with Vision Travel Inc., the largest independent travel management company in Canada. As a result, Creative Group will be able to supplement its meetings and incentive capabilities, leverage local market relationships, and provide clients with more buying power.
- Leading companies in the technology, hospitality, and beverage and spirits industries were added to the client roster this year.
- Creative Group developed a design approach called i|xperience® aimed at ensuring that each experience engages the audience in a personal way to reach the client’s goals. Other proprietary tools launched this year include EventAPP™ and a refresh of the CreativeEDGE® meeting management platform.
- Jerry Murphy, a former vice president of operations at Maritz Travel Co., joined the company’s leadership team as vice president, customer experience. In addition, Paul Herbert was hired as senior director of solution architecture.
- Creative Group was named a Motivation Masters award finalist for an incentive program created for Caesars Entertainment. In addition, it brought home two silver American Advertising Awards, one for creative work done in support of a client incentive travel program.
See the press release here: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/09/prweb13658951.htm
See the MeetingsNet article here: http://www.meetingsnet.com/cmi-25/creative-group-inc-2017-cmi-25